As an American Indian Tribe (AIT) owned 8(a) & HUBZone certified company, REI Corporation has unique advantages for minority contracting. Tribally owned 8(a) companies are exempt from some of the restrictions applicable to non-tribal owned SBA 8(a) SDB’s. For SBA regulations explaining the benefits of using Tribal 8(a) enterprises, see 13 CFR 124.109. As shown in the FAR 15.305 below, evaluation of Tribal 8(a) proposals “… should take into account past performance information regarding predecessor companies, key personnel who have relevant experience, or subcontractors that will perform major or critical aspects of the requirement when such information is relevant to the instant acquisition.”
FAR 15.305(a)(iii)—Past Performance in Proposal Evaluation: An agency … evaluation should take into account past performance information regarding predecessor companies, key personnel who have relevant experience, or subcontractors that will perform major or critical aspects of the requirement when such information is relevant to the instant acquisition.
Interpretation: Proposal evaluation is to consider past performance of (1) predecessor companies, (2) key personnel with relevant experience, or (3) team mates, team members and joint ventures including subcontractors with relevant experience.
Specific Capabilities and Past Performance includes the following:
REI, its divisional units, team mates, JVs partners, key employees, and critical subcontractors have performed various tasks in the following areas:
- Information Technology Systems Management & Software Engineering Services
- REI’s mission is to make information technology an interactive asset for our clients’ organizations.
- REI’s focus is on aiding organizations by providing the architecture, systems, software, equipment, and infrastructure needed to drive their success in a complex information services environment.
- Complementing our IT Services, we have IT hardware and software capabilities
- Metal Manufacturing & Fabrication
- REI has worked with the Army & Navy and have supplied them with manufactured electronics circuit boards and other parts.
- REI has manufactured military vehicle doors, protective CBRN Support trailers, and has successfully manufactured products for the Treasury, Agriculture and other departments.
- REI manufacturing utilizes a talented workforce and state-of-the-art equipment to deliver superior products while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Facilities Management Support Services
- REI has worked with various government agencies including but not limited to the DoD, NOAA, DOI, and NASA.
- Services included are base operations and management, building repairs and maintenance, capital construction projects, security, and other facilities management projects from janitorial, to preventive maintenance to landscaping, information technology/call centers, security services and pest control.